A single Dalek. Against the might and power of the entire US military.
Slaughter. Plain and simple. Sonic screwdrivers or no sonic screwdrivers, every single member of the US military would be slaughtered without pause, without recourse, without the slightest bit of mercy.
The sonic screwdriver doesn’t work on Daleks, for a start. The US military does not have a single weapon capable of scratching the surface of a Dalek. Not even the largest, most powerful nuclear weapon could dent the dalekanium armor. They were ‘born’, survived and mutated on a world devastated by nuclear war.
I’ll leave it to the Doctor to explain (from the ninth Doctor episode “Dalek”):
- What are the limits on corrective training from an NCO?
- How do enlisted personnel (esp. NCOs) feel about academy-grad officers (ie West Point, Annapolis, AFA, etc) vs other officers?
- Are there any type of wildlife careers in the US military besides any of canine units?
- What do the military personnel do after retirement in India?
- What do soldiers use IV pouches for?
Van Statten: I thought you were the great expert, Doctor. If you’re so impressive, then why not just reason with this Dalek? It must be willing to negotiate. There must be something it needs. Everything needs something.
The Doctor: What’s the nearest town?
Van Statten: Salt Lake City.
The Doctor: Population?
Van Statten: One million.
The Doctor: All dead. If the Dalek gets out, it’ll murder every living creature. That’s all it wants.
Van Statten: [shouting] But why would it do that?!
The Doctor: Because it honestly believes they should die. Human beings are different, and anything different is wrong. It’s the ultimate in racial cleansing, and you, van Statten, you’ve let it loose!