Naval Armament Inspection (NAI) Officers are the specialist officers responsible for Inspection & Quality Assurance (QA), in-house R&D, life extension and life assessment to ensure safety, serviceability and functional reliability of Armaments in the inventory of Indian Navy.
As a Naval Armament Inspection officer, you will be responsible for inspection of the armament supplied to the Navy by various agencies. You will also be responsible for in-house Research & Development, leading to indigenization and will have to ensure the quality, safety and reliability of Naval Armament and Stores procured by the Navy.
NAI officers also provide QA coverage during production/ acceptance at various Ordnance factories, PSUs, Private Industry and at foreign OEM premises. The NAI officers associate with various DRDO labs during the development phase of various armament stores.
- Do the people in Army Service Corps (Indian Army) fight wars?
- Why did Pakistani Army surrender in Bangladesh when they (Pak Army) were in such big numbers? They could have fight till the last blood!
- How good is Indian Military Academy?
- Does India also have stealth helicopters like one shown in Zero Dark Thirty?
- Who should an Indian Army Officer follow during an emergency, his higher ranking officers or the decisions made by the headquarters?
Training & Advancement:
Candidates selected will undergo 44 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishment /Units/Ships.
Later in the career, officers are nominated for higher studies like M Tech programs at IITs/ DIAT (DU) based on merit and availability.
Qualification & Requirement:
The candidates must possess at least 60% marks in BE/B. Tech Degree from recognised university in any one of the following stream:-
- Naval Architecture
Click link below to read more details about opportunities and Life as a career in Indian Navy:
NAIC | Join Indian Navy